I feel like that's what I'm living (March madness) ... I cannot wait until April because I think things will slow down a little bit! I'm still not keeping you guys as up-to-date as I would like, but I'm trying :)
Last week, Josh, Leighton, and I made our quarterly visit to the CF clinic in Atlanta. We had a pretty good check-up. The only thing they are concerned about is the fact that he hasn't gained any weight (not even one ounce) in the last three months. This is nothing new for us really, we just have to give him more Pediasures and continue trying to get him to eat more. On the plus side, he did grow a whole inch since December ... he doesn't get "credit" for that at clinic but I think it's pretty cool! He's actually grown 3 inches in the past 7 months which is CRAZY to me, but I've always known he was going to be tall. His lungs and tummy sounded great and they will see us again in 3 months ... yay for good visits!
As for the sleep study, we have to wait to see Dr. Lovrekovic in April before she will schedule one. We have him sleeping at an incline for now and things have been okay.
We got to go downtown last week (before the craziness started) and walk around with Krista and Skylar which was nice ... Leighton wasn't in the best of moods, but other than that ... it was nice to be down there getting some fresh air and hanging out. And in all my 27 years, this was the first time I ever got to see the green fountain (at least when the city dyed it green) so that was pretty cool too!
Saturday morning we got up super early to head to the parade, only to see that Leighton had some kind of itchy hives. I asked him what he wanted to do and he was determined he was going to the parade, so I checked his temperature, no fever and I went over all of his body parts and nothing hurt ... gave him some Benedryl and he was fine ... doctor says it was just an allergic reaction (to God knows what) and that it will clear up with time and Zyrtec! Everything that could slow us down on Saturday did, but we finally got down there and had a BLAST! Leighton was so cute. No matter what he was doing, if a band came by he had to grab up his horn and play along with them ... and then he took it a step further and got his horn and got up out of his seat and danced. We laughed so hard at him! I have pictures and a video I will be posting on Facebook soon.
Yesterday afternoon we started t-ball practice! I am almost as excited as he is that he is playing ball ... of course nobody is as excited as his daddy!! Practice was hilarious ... Most of the kids are totally clueless, but the coaches are extremely patient and understanding. Leighton's first trip to second base resulted in him picking it up and moving it down the field a little and he's having trouble with the whole "line up until it's your turn" thing but other than that he's good. I took pictures until my camera died but I will be taking LOTS more and posting them at the end of the week!
I see now why I have not posted since last Sunday ... we have not slowed down long enough! Tomorrow we are headed back to Atlanta for an eye check up, so everyone say your prayers for smooth sailing through that one! AND ... I'm off to do more laundry before bed ... Good night all!
Love - C
No comments:
Post a Comment