Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Friday's Appointment

We did not learn as much as we would have liked this past Friday when we went to see Dr. Hubbard.  He said he can see that there is fluid behind the retina that is causing the retina to detach from the eye but he is not sure what is causing it.  In order for him to see what is actually going on in there he is going to need to put Leighton to sleep to get a better look.  If there is a tear or hole in Leighton's retina allowing fluid to pass behind it then he is going to go ahead and do surgery to repair it ... if he can not find any rhyme or reason, then we will play the waiting game for a month or two to see if anything changes ... apparently sometimes things like this "just happen" so we have to be prepared to wait it out.  Next Monday Leighton will be put under anesthesia for his eye exam and possible surgery ... the next afternoon we will have his CF check-up ... it's gonna be a long busy week next week for us ... I'll keep you posted on it!

On another note ... I got an email today from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation telling me that the Georgia chapter will be in charge of our Great Strides walk this year, BUT they will not be able to physically be here ... now THAT is discouraging ... and I'll leave it at that ... I have no idea what to even think about all of this ... Help!

- C

1 comment:

  1. :/ I'm constantly praying for you both. Thank God for mommas like you.

    ReplyDelete