Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lighthouse, Doctors, and Pumpkins OH MY!

This weekend was an exciting one to say the least ... Leighton got to meet another grandma and ride on the train at the Oglethorpe Mall ... Sunday afternoon we took a trip to the beach to see the lighthouse and walk around to get some of that good salt air in his lungs (salt air is really good for people with Cystic Fibrosis) ... I daydreamed while we were there about buying one of the big houses on the far end and living out there all the time ... I know people think Tybee is a crappy beach and no, it's definitely not top 10 material but I wouldn't want to be too far from "home" and it's really peaceful down on that end!  Enough of mama's dreams though ...

 
Monday, Monday ... Well I was expecting a call from Dr. Hubbard's office (the eye surgeon in Atlanta) to set up an appointment for Leighton to be seen on the week of the 12th (because we will already be in Atlanta for his CF check-up) ... BUT when the call came in, the lady told me that Dr. Hubbard wants Leighton seen THIS week ... so I made him an appointment for Friday (the 2nd)!  We will be packing up and heading to the doctor's office bright and early on Friday morning (with Mema Mills in tow ... thank you ma'am), all the while praying for good news.  He will more than likely have to have surgery again but we will not know specifics until we see Hubbard ((insert worry here))!  On a (little) brighter note ... Leighton got fitted on Tuesday for his braces ... I thought for sure that we would have a fight on our hands as they cast both of his legs, but he actually did really well and I couldn't have been more proud of him ... his reward ... a blue slush from Sonic!


After the visit to West Rehab for physical therapy and his fitting, it was too late to go to daycare, so Leighton got to spend the day with his Nana! He got to cut out shapes with cool scissors and glued them with a glue stick onto some paper, and they played outside, and looked at the little kid dictionary mama found and worked on their letters!  I think he learned more yesterday than he ever has ... but our favorite thing from yesterday is Leighton's new project ... his "garden" ... he planted some pumpkin seeds and we are going to water them everyday (unless it rains) and hopefully have some pumpkins to show for it one of these days! -- Thank you Mama/Nana for everything that you do!!!!!


Hope everyone is having a great week ... I will update this weekend and let everyone know how the appointment went!!

- C







No comments:

Post a Comment