No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to post more than once a month ... maybe since it's the beginning of the month I will be able to squeeze two in ... we'll see.
Since my last blog, we have gotten the results from Leighton's culture and blood work ... He grew staph in his culture (no big deal, happens frequently and will go away) ... but his blood work came back not so good ... apparently his hge levels are elevated. I'm not really sure what exactly that means, other than he had to have a chest x-ray done and another tube of blood drawn to re-test at the local hospital last week. If it comes back looking the same, then he will have to take some inhaled antibiotics to get rid of whatever it is in his lungs that he is allergic to that is making his hge levels elevated.
We also met with Dr. Poole (the ENT) and got some great news there ... Although he agrees that Leighton does have borderline sleep apnea ... he does not think surgery would be any good for him. Only one episode (out of 6) that Leighton had during his sleep study was due to obstruction in his throat. He basically acted like Dr. Lovrekovic was out of her mind ... which I have known for a long time, but now I have another reason to never want to go to her office again (and we probably won't). Leighton's health is the most important thing in the world to us and we all agree that we will do what it takes for him to see the best doctors he can.
Leighton's 4 year old check-up with Dr. Hendricks went great ... the shots weren't exactly fun for him (or us) but she is an amazing doctor and we didn't get any bad news from her!
More exciting, fun stuff has happened since my last blog too ... Our sweet baby boy turned FOUR years old ... I cannot believe that it's been four years already. Where has the time gone? Daddy also had a birthday ... we had a birthday get together at the house with ice cream cake for Daddy and a big party for Leighton at Monkey Joes (his choice)! We also got to celebrate the 4th of July at the river with Nana and Granddaddy ... fun times (except we didn't get to see fireworks and I was super sad about that)!! Daddy has been off for almost 2 weeks and we have LOVED having him home with us and we are super sad that he has to go back to work next week, but that's the only way he'll be able to buy Leighton chicken nuggets and toys (in Leighton's mind at least).
On a much sadder note, our Uncle Sam passed away this past week and we had to lay him to rest. Leighton did not attend his funeral, but I did explain to him what was going on ... he was upset to know that he wouldn't be able to see him for a very long time, but he is okay with the fact that now Uncle Sam is with Jesus (and his Chipper Jones fish)!
Guess it's time to get back to things I should actually be doing ... Let's see how I do on two blogs this month ...
Love - C
No comments:
Post a Comment