So ... what happens if your heart is divided? I never really understood the whole "home is where your heart is" statement until recently since I have been forced out of my home.
Since my last blog, I have been given a lot more information on what is going on with Leighton ... He has something called Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (say that ten times fast ... or even once the correct way). Do NOT Google it, it's scary to read about ... I will tell you what it means for Leighton and we will just leave it at that. Basically, he has come in contact with a mold that has gotten into his lungs and he is allergic to it. His chest x-ray looked really good so they have not started his medication just yet and they are going to do more blood work when we go to Atlanta in September. Until then, we are just watching him and making sure he doesn't get sick. Since Friday late at night, his (regular) allergies have been going crazy, so we have increased his treatments and added some of our "back-up" meds for the next few days. But back to this mold thing ... since Leighton is mostly home with me and we did have a leak under our sink, we can only assume that he came into contact with the mold at our house so while the mold was being cleaned and the roof patched and a wall torn out and put back in (all part of the story, but too much to worry with) ... Leighton and I have been staying at my mom's (Thank you Mom and Dad Jimmy for letting us take over the house!!). We had someone come out and test the air in the house and should have the results back by Friday ... meaning we will know if we can go home or not.
Now, while we have been staying with Mom, I learned what the phrase that is this blog title actually means and mostly what it means to me. You see, Josh has had to stay at our house ... to make sure that things are ok and to take care of Jack so my heart is torn ... I have my Leighton half here with me, but my heart is not whole without Josh ... therefore, as I type ... I'm somewhat homeless. Ok, maybe that's a little over dramatic ... but I do feel terrible and I want our family back together so I will feel at home again.
On top of all this, my body decided it would be a good idea to get a sinus infection (number 2 for this year if anyone is counting).
Anyway, for those of you that follow me on Facebook, all of these things are a portion of that storm and the tornado that I was referring to ... I am still sitting in the middle of it all ... taking it all in ... thanking God for another day and wondering what will happen next. I can honestly say as hectic as things are right now, and as unsure as I am about a LOT of things ... I am also content ... I know that everything is going to be just fine!
Enough of my rambling ... time to cuddle with the boy :) ... everyone have a good night/morning!
Love - C
No comments:
Post a Comment