So, I'm getting good at the once a month thing ... Just a little catching up (as usual) ...
We've had another busy month, but I'll try to keep it short. We went to see the tall ships at the beginning of this month which was pretty fun, although Bo and Leighton seemed to like the picnic best of all ... same goes for when we went to the beach to see the super moon, the picnic was the hit of the evening (well, that and the milkshakes)!
Leighton finally had his sleep study that we got the results for last week. Dr. Lovrekovic said that the study showed that Leighton stopped breathing an average of once per hour which put him at borderline apnea. She thinks that we should see an ENT and go ahead and get his tonsils and adenoids out to get rid of the obstruction in the back of his throat that prevents him from breathing at different times in his sleep. SOOO, Leighton will have another surgery (hopefully before he starts school in August). As much as I HATE that he has to have another surgery, I just want him to be able to sleep like a normal kid and finally get a good nights rest. Prayers over this are appreciated!
My Mother's Day was nice ... I got to get my hair cut and colored and just relax for a day (in between school drama). Which brings me to the fact that I am going back to school to get my degree in Accounting ... I am super proud of myself and so happy that I can make my family proud of me too!
Speaking of Mother's Day, my "little sister" became a mommy this month to a precious baby girl named Cailyn. She is absolutely precious and Lindsay is an amazing mother!
T-ball is over ... it was a bittersweet ending to the season ... I mean I feel like we just got started and I would love for the kids to have been able to play more, but at the same time ... it's getting hotter outside and the kids attention spans are much shorter when they are hot and miserable! We have a banquet this weekend and all of the kids are getting trophies. I am so proud of Leighton for sticking it out this whole season ... the youngest one on the team and he kept up just as well as the others!
Last thing before I go, sooo ... my baby will be turning FOUR YEARS OLD in less than a month. I cannot believe how fast these years have flown by! He wants a Monkey Joe's birthday party again, so Leighton gets what Leighton wants! :)
Again, I want to thank every one of you for sticking by us ... we love all of you more than we could say. We are blessed beyond words to have such great family, adopted family, and friends that are like family! Can't wait to see what else life has in store for us!!
Love - C
No comments:
Post a Comment