I have said from the time I started this blog it would be for information purposes and just a little about our life. Well ... I'm changing my mind ... and that whole thing about trying to keep emotions out of my writing ... I can't do that anymore ...
I just re-read my last post and cried ... and cried ... my friend Charity that I wrote about did begin to improve but then one morning I woke up and was going about my day when I signed on to Facebook and saw where Charity had passed away. I cannot tell you what this did to me because you simply wouldn't understand, but just imagine terrible pain in your chest, head, stomach ... everywhere ... it was a sadness I don't think I had ever felt before ... not only had I lost a friend ... and the world lost an amazing woman ... but the reality of Cystic Fibrosis stared me in the face ... it had won the battle against my friend and it's coming after my boy. Unless you live it, no matter what I tell you can make you feel how I do about this ... it's awful!
Enough about the pain ... here are some things you should know about Charity ... she volunteered (EVERYwhere) ... she was always nice to her friends ... she loved the Sand Gnats ... she didn't take anyone's crap ... she wanted to work all the time, even after being put on oxygen (let that sink in for a moment) ... she always told the people she loved that she loved them ... she ALWAYS asked about Leighton and never complained about having CF ...
Those are just a few of the things that come to the front of my mind when I think about Charity ... At her funeral people told stories about her ... they talked about all the good she did in the world ... and I want to share one of those stories and I'll be done ...
One of Charity's friends stood up to tell all of us in the chapel that she remembered a time when Charity was in the hospital ... she had been in there for a little while before she was able to have her computer and stuff, but as soon as she was able to get online she asked for computer ... she needed it to order a necklace for the lady that did the cleaning in her room ... nobody ever thinks twice about the people that come in to pick up the trash but Charity wanted this lady to feel appreciated because she did appreciate what she was doing ... when the necklace arrived she gave it to the woman and told her she loved her and appreciated what she did for her ... and THAT is the kind of heart Charity had ...
We will miss you, girl!!
Charity Gail Frye
October 30, 1979-January 18, 2013
** I could have gone on for days in this post ... I kept it as short as possible!
- C

No comments:
Post a Comment